tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: UnsatisfiedLinkError in Windows Service (tomcat6w/5w.exe)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 04:38:57 GMT
> From: Michael Ludwig [mailto:milu71@gmx.de]
> Subject: Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError in Windows Service (tomcat6w/5w.exe)
>
> The Java bridge DLLs (or whatever they're called) can be moved to a
> directory only contained in java.library.path, but not in PATH. The
> other libraries must be in a PATH directory in order to be loaded.

If I'm interpreting your posting correctly, it looks like you have discovered that the other
DLLs are not being loaded by the JVM, but rather indirectly, due to references from the ones
the JVM loads.  If you really wanted to keep them all under java.library.path, you could write
some initialization code for your webapp that does loadLibrary() calls on the previously indirectly
loaded ones; but it's probably simpler just to keep them visible in PATH.

But I suspect you have already figured that out...

 - Chuck