tomcat-users mailing list archives

From michel <compu...@videotron.ca>
Subject Re: Running Derby on Tomcat
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 02:24:05 GMT
Chuck,

Thanks! I am using the default tomcat for my hosting and it has the
classpath in the default startup. I am wondering if that isn't a reason for
all the weird problems.

Thanks again!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 9:07 PM
Subject: RE: Running Derby on Tomcat

> From: michel [mailto:compukat@videotron.ca]
> Subject: Running Derby on Tomcat
>
>     export
> CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$DERBY_INSTALL/lib/derby.jar:$DERBY_INSTA
> LL/lib/derbyclient.jar:$DERBY_INSTALL/lib/derbytools.jar:.

Don't ever, ever, ever set CLASSTPATH for use with Tomcat.  Any jars needed
by your webapp should be in the webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory, or Tomcat's
shared/lib directory.  Follow the instructions on the Derby web pages:
http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/DerbyTomcat5512JPetStor.html

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.