tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: Authenticating Users
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:02:57 GMT
This is what I did for our JDBC realm....forced uppercase with javascript on the alphan-numeric
user id.
Then the password was whatever they made it, even though it was case sensitive.

Trying to figure out what the good of making passwords case-insensitive would be. Purpose-defeating
at best it seems.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregor Schneider [mailto:rc46fi@googlemail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 3:12 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Authenticating Users

To the OP:

1. May I ask what database it is you're using?

2- I'd go for the following solution:

Create a JSP-page accepting the credentials. The username should be converted to uppercase.
The password should be left as is so that case-sensivity here is maintained.

Don't know if I'm missing something, but to me that looks like a walk in the park.

Rgds

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2