tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kees de Kooter" <kdekoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help moving application from Windows to Linux
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 09:15:53 GMT
Apache and tomcat work exactly the same on both windows and linux.

What config elements are you looking for?

Cheers,
Kees de Kooter
http://www.boplicity.net

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 04:35, Don Whitehead <DWhitehead@inccrra.org> wrote:
> Greetings all.
>

> I am a novice Tomcat/Apache admin, being more versed in IIS. That being
> said, the organization I work for needs to move an Apache/Tomcat
> application from Windows 2003 server-based config to a Linux-based
> config (targeting debian-based distro at present).  I can install and
> configure the base servers, but I don't have a clue about what to look
> for as far as moving configs/app files.
>

> I've spent many hours looking on the net and haven't found any concrete
> information on what to look for. Any help you could provide would be
> appreciated.
>

> Thanks.
>

> Don Whitehead
> Department Manager - Technology
> INCCRRA
> p 309.829.5327 - f 309.828.1808
>
> This e-mail message may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use, disseminate, distribute, copy or rely upon
this message or attachment in any way. If you received this e-mail message in error, please
return by forwarding the message and its attachments to the sender. INCCRRA does not accept
liability for any errors, omissions, corruption or virus in the contents of this message or
any attachments that arises as a result of e-mail transmission.