tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Strauß <t.stra...@srs-management.de>
Subject AW: Tomcat5w version 2.0.4 for 64 bits reads settings from WOW6432registry hive!
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 23:18:54 GMT
Hello Charles,

this is as I expected, your version is also reading from the wrong (not good located) hive,
but since you setup the tomcat using the tomcatXw.exe paired with the right tomcat.exe, everything
is fine.

Nevertheless, procrun64 should not use the wow6432 hive, as this is the hive for x32 apps
running on x64 (http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/25995/whats-the-wow6432node-under-the-hkey_local_machinesoftware-registry-subkey.html).
Do you know which sources to use, which svn to check for the procrun delivered with Tomcat?
I would be happy to look after it, as this cannot be a major issue to fix or to implement
some behavior that will make all parties happy.

Anyway, I would like to file this as a bug to the commons-daemon jira, or is the Tomcat Bugzilla
the place to go?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Strauß

SRS PaperDynamix®
DIGITAL SCHON AUF DEM PAPIER

SRS-Management GmbH
Berliner Ring 93
64625 Bensheim
T +49 6251 85 424 - 20
F +49 6251 85 424 - 14
M +49 174 2110912

www.srs-management.de
www.srs-paperdynamix.de

HRB 25262 AG Darmstadt
Geschäftsführer: Detlev Homilius, Thomas Strauß