tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Potter <...@opendap.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat returns HTTP status of 200 when HttpServletResponse.sendError() called.
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 04:58:23 GMT

On Jan 14, 2009, at 1:38 PM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

>> From: Nathan Potter [mailto:ndp@opendap.org]
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat returns HTTP status of 200 when
>> HttpServletResponse.sendError() called.
>>
>> I mapped one of my servlets to be the default servlet:
>>     <servlet-mapping>
>>         <servlet-name>hyrax</servlet-name>
>>         <url-pattern>*</url-pattern>
>>     </servlet-mapping>
>>
>> And since it doesn't serve static content like the Tomcat
>> DefaultServlet, I'm not seeing the expected behavior for
>> the error-page mappings.
>
> If you don't want to rewrite your mappings (and probably program
> logic), then isolate your static content - including error pages -
> to some particular branch of your directory tree and put in a
> mapping for the existing DefaultServlet to handle it.

So do you mean something like this?

     <servlet>
         <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
         <servlet-class>
               org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet
             </servlet-class>
         <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
     </servlet>

     <servlet-mapping>
         <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
         <url-pattern>/err/*</url-pattern>
     </servlet-mapping>

And I place all of my default error pages in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/
myContext/err/

> - Chuck

> PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended
> recipient. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
> and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.

= = =
Nathan Potter                        ndp at opendap.org
OPeNDAP, Inc.                        541.752.1852