tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kees Jan Koster <kjkos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Servlets works fine, JSP's don't
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 18:26:57 GMT
Dear davefury,

> The logs doesn't give me any information about the error.
>
> The environment is Debian Etch with Apache2, mod_jk connector and
> tomcat 5.

Hmmm, Debian... Are you using the sucky repackaged Tomcat from the
distro, or the normal one that you downloaded from tomcat.pache.org
manually?

If you are using the repackaged one, the Debian package is a
nonstandard configuration that (among other things) suppresses much of
the debug output of Tomcat.

To eliminate Apache from the equation, you could consider an ssh
tunnel. I'd like to know that your Tomcat is not the Debian package
first, though.
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

The secret of success lies in the stability of the goal. -- Benjamin
Disraeli