tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Hut" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6; getting logging to work
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 22:58:41 GMT
I believe these config lines only specify logging for Container-specific
message (such as webapp initialization-related messaging):

What you could do is specify a named handler like this:

assuming all of your logger names start with "com.nmi" this should work
for you.

-----Original Message-----
From: juan.velez []
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat 6; getting logging to work

I followed the directions in that link
( and my logging
messages still do not show up. I mean, I see the INFO messages generated
my web-app but if I change the level to FINE (or FINEST) I do not see
it. I
am using Tomcat 6.0.18 and Java Util Logging

I have modified the %CATALINA_HOME%\conf\ (Using
I can see that this is the file being used as the logging properties) to
a new file handler, changed the level
the console handler to FINEST

java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = FINEST

And added

el =

I do see the mmi.yyyy-mm-dd.log file created but the only contents are
messages generated by catalina. And messages below INFO are not seen on
either the console or any of the log files.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?