tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Delay / caching of resources?
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:45:30 GMT
> From: Dennis Thrys√łe [mailto:dth@geysirit.dk]
> However, when such HTML files are added or modified to the webapp
> (exploded directory) it takes something like 5 or 10 seconds before
> they can be served by tomcat.

A wild stab in the dark based on something that happened to me...

How are you adding the files to the webapp?  In particular, are you referencing the folder
via a network file system, and if so is there any clock skew between the server and the machine
from which you're adding the files?  This can cause odd timestamps on the new files, which
may in turn lead to some applications not using them correctly if the timestamps are "in the
future" as far as the server's concerned.

If you're adding the files on the same machine, this doesn't apply and I'll crawl back under
my rock ;-).

                - Peter