tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Connecting Apache Tomcat to Apache
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:45:33 GMT
On 28.01.2009 22:58, André Warnier wrote:
> Mike Eller wrote:
>> Ok,
>> workers.properties is as follows:
>>
>> workers.tomcat_home=/usr/lib/apache-tomcat
> comment out or delete, obsolete
>>
>> workers.java_home=/usr/lib/jdk
> comment out or delete, no longer needed
>>
>> worker.list=worker1
> good, and it matches my earlier explanation
>

>> worker.worker1.port=8009
> good too, if that is the port mentioned in the AJP Connector of your
> Tomcat's server.xml file. (It is, I just peeked below..)
>
>> worker.worker1.host=webber
> that needs to be localhost instead of webber (cause your Tomcat runs on
> the same machine, right ?). Unless your machine knows itself as "webber"
> of course.
>
>> worker.worker1.type=ajp13
> that's good, and it's always like that. That line never changes.
>

>> This is a simple file from the tutorial.
>>
>> The jkmount directives in httpd-conf... I followed the tutorial to use
>> the auto config, so in httpd.conf I have the following:
>>
>> Include /usr/lib/apache-tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
>>
>> The contents of mod_jk.conf is as follows:
>>
>> ########## Auto generated on Wed Jan 28 15:05:37 EST 2009##########
>>
>> <IfModule !mod_jk.c>
>> LoadModule jk_module
>> "/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_jk-1.2.27-httpd-2.2.6.so"
>> </IfModule>
> That tells Apache where to find the mod_jk module. And it is a recent
> version too.
>

>> JkWorkersFile "/usr/lib/apache-tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties"
> that's the "workers.properties" both Gregor and I were talking about
> then, good too.
>
>> JkLogFile "/usr/lib/apache-tomcat/logs/mod_jk.log"
> That's where you will find a log of any errors encountered by mod_jk
>>
>> JkLogLevel emerg
> You could set this to "info" to get a better idea of what mod_jk is
> doing. Even to "debug" if you are really curious.
>

>> I do not have a directory /etc/apache2/mods-available nor can I find the
>> files jk.conf and jk.load
>>
>> there is also no directory /etc/apache2/mods-enabled
> That's ok, each Linux distribution has some fun putting files in some
> other place. Keeps the world interesting and sysadmins from getting bored.
>

>> my connector definition from ${CATALINA_HOME}/conf/server.xml is:
>>
>> <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />
>
> Very good. That is thus where Tomcat will be listening for request
> coming from Apache through the mod_jk module, as I mentioned before.
>

>> Again, all this was created and configured according to the
>> guide/tutorial.
>
> You did a pretty good job too. I suspect only the "webber" part is
> wrong, and maybe your "JkMount" are missing in Apache.

Well answered until here. I assume it's the old "put your JkMount into
the virtual host" problem.

kMount does only apply to the virtual host they are put into. So when
they are in the global server, but your requests to httpd are handled by
a VirtualHost, then the JkMounts are not effective for those requests.

To keep it simple, you can set "JkMountCopy all" in the global server,
or you can move the JkMount lines to the virtual hosts which should
actually do the forwarding.

Regards,

Rainer