tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Graceful Stop
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:59:33 GMT
Mohit Anchlia wrote:
> tomcat 6:
>
> Is there a way to gracefully stop tomcat similar to apache?

There is a whole page here, if you understand it (I don't) :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/monitoring.html

Also, there is a special port defined in the server.xml/<Server> tag,
which I believe works as follows :
- connect to it (allowed from localhost only)
- send the defined shutdown string
I assume that Tomcat will then, gracefully, stop serving new requests,
finish the ones being processed right now, and shut itself down nicely.

There does not seem to exist a "graceful restart" however.

I may be wrong of course, but in that case expect a few additional
contradictory messages right here in the next few minutes..
There's nothing like a wrong guess to trigger them.