tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Beginner - Step 2!
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:23:49 GMT
Toriacht wrote:
> Thanks Alan,
>
> I had tried the clean etc. to no avail. The file was there and writeable
> etc. When I moved my workspace to c:/workspace away from 'documents and
> settings' folder and created a new project the error disappeared.
>
> I'm not sure if it solved because of the new project or new file location.

Just butting in, and not knowing what the original issue was about, I
would nevertheless guess that you are merely the 1,000,001th (*) user
victim of the great idea of someone in the long-distant past, to allow
spaces in file paths.
When you have something like
c:/Documents and Settings/...
  it is always a good idea to quote it, like
"c:/Documents and Settings/..."
.

(*) the 1,000,000th happened just a few days ago on this same list.

(**) The Apache packagers (who on the other hand are very bright and
helpful and generous people) have unfortunately decided so far to follow
this stupid MS lead, by using "Apache Group" as a path element under
Windows.  It never ceases to cause grief.