tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Beginner - Step 2!
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2009 18:50:04 GMT
Toriacht

Eclipse wst has a number of dfferent ways of working. It looks like you
have selected the (default) way in which eclipse
creates its own internal copy of the webapps directory - in your case in
the folder E:\\ ......\tmp1\service_demo.

What the error is saying is that as tomcat starts it can't find the doc
base.

This is most likely for the following two reasons:

1. the directory really isn't writeable
2. more likely, you've managed to get eclipse out of sync with your project.

I suggest that you try the following:

Find the 'Server' tab (normally in one of the bottom panes)
Find the tomcat server - right click on in and select 'Clean' and then
'Refresh'

This will rebuild the internal copy.

Try starting it again.

If this still doesn't work, then please provide the following:

The FULL startup display from the 'console' pane
Your web.xml

Thanks

Alan