tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <tomcat-us...@list-post.mks-mail.de>
Subject Re: Address already in use: JVM_Bind /87.230.103.25:80
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:03:11 GMT
kareda:

> thanks for the tip. indeed, the server.xml is not used at all. I removed it
> completely from the conf dir and when I ran catalina.bat run, the log output
> didn't change at all - still the same error.
> I have another tomcat instance on the same server, running as a service. so
> it's probably using the server.xml from the other tomcat installation,
> right?

Maybe, I don't know.

> strange.. what may cause this?

Among the first lines printed when you start Tomcat by using
catalina.bat run should be the values of CATALINA_HOME and
CATALINA_BASE. Are these (especially CATALINA_BASE) what you'd expect
them to be - i. e. do the point to the dir where the Tomcat you just
started is located?
If not, is one or both of them already set in your environment?

Regards
  mks