tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rusty Wright <rusty.wri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs MySQL with Tomcat
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 01:17:26 GMT
I've found MySQL's error messages particularly worthless in some situations; I had a foreign
constraint and it was giving me some generic error when I was violating that foreign constraint.
 Say MySQL around our DBA and steam starts coming out of his ears.

The one warning I can think of with PostgreSQL is that you have to use schemas; you either
have to set the schema after you connect, and I think I couldn't figure out how to do that
with jdbc, or you specify it as part of every table name; "create table schema_name.table_name
...; select whatever from schema_name.table_name;".  Schemas are quite cool, so don't take
this as a criticism.