tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Re: Retrieve User Role
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 22:40:25 GMT
Hi Ben

You can get it from the request. In JSP you can access the request
implict object to get the value of the
HttpServletRequest#getRemoteUser() method ...

"Returns the login of the user making this request, if the user has been
authenticated, or null if the user has not been authenticated."

(quote from j2ee docs for HttpServletRequest)

The exact syntax to use depends upon whether or not you are using EL.
If you are using tags..
<% String username = request.getRemoteUser() %>

and in EL you can use the 'pageContext'. Try:

${pageContext.request.remoteUser}   /// I think... you may need to check.

and use as you see fit...

Alan