tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Re: File upload fails
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 21:28:06 GMT
How big is the file?

"Connection reset" is commonly caused by the the client dropping the
connection. This could be because of connectivity problems - for
example, issues with the clients ISP.

I have had problems with specific browsers over this as well (our site
has dozens of large mpeg and jpeg uploads each day). The worst culprit
proved to be Safari 3 on a Mac. Is the upload done with SSL?

I doubt that restarting the server makes any difference one way or the
other. Why not get the client to test with a non-urgent file and a
non-urgent time  when you have a chance to fault-find? Also, you may
want to watch the upload with something like wireshark to see exactly
what is happening and when.

Regards

Alan Chaney