tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Re: Single WAR to update multiple contexts
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 20:27:58 GMT
Sean

Wouldn't it be easier to have ONE webapp and determine the database
from, for example, the URL its invoked with?

Its a little difficult to know exactly how you are doing things but
instead of having /ctx1 /ctx2 /ctx3 and mapping each one to ctx1.war
why not have a filter in your setup which determines that its invoked
with /ctx1 and passes a parameter to the actual servlet which selects
the database you require? You could have one web app as ROOT and do it
that way.

Maybe you could explain further why you need 200 separate versions where
the only difference is the name of the database?

Regards

Alan Chaney