tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: set tomcat max session allow
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2009 11:05:44 GMT
cw wrote:
> may i know is there any guidelines/info on how to set maximum limit of sessions allow
for each webapp and redirect user to a static html page is exceeded . I already did my google
and people mentioned need to do it directly on java codes rather than tomcat configuration,but
they didn't mentioned how.. can elaborate?
There is nothing in the Tomcat docs. I don't recall this being discussed on the
users list but search the archives to be sure.

> 2. i know maxThread in sever.xml can be use to increase more sessions.
That isn't quite correct. maxThreads (not maxThread) controls the maximum number
of concurrent requests. That is not the same as the number of sessions which
will almost certainly be a lot higher.

 but i don't see this option able to redirect user to static html page is exceeded
If maxThreads is exceeded then requests will be put in the accept queue until a
thread becomes free. If the accept queue fills up the request will be refused.

Mark