tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kees Jan Koster <kjkos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: “java.lang.NullPointerException” with JDBC connection from InitialContext
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2009 10:31:16 GMT
Dear Robert,

>> Have you considered googling for "StringUtils
>> indexOfIgnoreCaseRespectQuotes"?
>> E.g. it may be Connector/J bug #25047 fixed in v. 5.0.5
>> Check, what version of MySQL Connector/J you are using.
>
> OK, problem solved.
> For the record I did search on that, and looked into it originally.
> But stupidly, I verified that my test Connector/J was version v5.0.5
> or later,... but must not have check the server. Sure enough the host
> had v5.0.2. Upgrading the driver resolved this. Thank you Konstantin.

Which is why I install webapps with complete Tomcat instances from
SVN. That way there is never any unexpected difference between what's
on test and what's on production. All I have to do is deploy a
different data source config for each machine and I'm good to go.

This has the added benefit of being able to 'svn diff' configurations
for manual config edits by my co-workers. No more --didn't I do that
on all machines?--moments.
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe
so full of wonders,
they have managed to invent boredom. Quite astonishing... -- Terry
Pratchett