tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gergely Paljak <p.gergely....@gmail.com>
Subject logging outgoing requests from Tomcat to SQL
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:27:40 GMT
Hi,

I have encountered the following challenge regarding which I would like to
ask you!

A want to realize a logging system for tomcat that is capable of:
- logging the incoming request for Servlets (easy)
- logging the outgoing SQL queries inside Tomcat while maintaining a mapping
between the requested Servlet and the sent SQL queries
- logging the incoming SQL query results
- and logging the time when the Tomcat response is sent (easy as well)

I would like to ask for you advice on how to log the SQL part? How to match
the SQL queries with Servlets without modifying the Servlet code? Could it
be realized by a valve? I have taken a look at the valves, but I haven't
found anything useful.

All comments are welcome!

Thank you,
Gergely Paljak