tomcat-users mailing list archives

From johnrock <johnpi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: setup default webapp in tomcat 6 and apache
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 23:40:26 GMT

I appreciate your great advice, and I will look into that.  However, I fear
that my confusion is even more basic - as I have not set up tomcat before.
How should I set up my webApp so that when I call http://localhost/index.jsp
in my browser tomcat serves up the index.jsp from my webApp dir:
C:/perfroot/depot/myApp/web/index.jsp
 as opposed to
C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\ROOT?

My custom webApp will of course not reside under the tomcat dir, but
elsewhere on my filesystem..so what is the correct means of making tomcat
default to myApp when I call http://localhost/index.jsp?
Thanks again!