tomcat-users mailing list archives

From br1 <>
Subject Re: JK connector fails with long URLs
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 23:21:04 GMT

Rainer Jung-3 wrote:
> It looks like we only support URLs up to 2047 Bytes (+/- 1).
> Regards,
> Rainer

Hey Rainer,

Do you think this limit will be increased in the next versions?

In theory, no limit is imposed by the protocol itself. I would tend to think
JK should at least support what the JK supported platforms support.

What is annoying - at least on IIS - is that all requests get blocked, not
just the ones getting redirected to Tomcat. This limit is not present on any
other ISAPI filter I know.

Don't get me wrong: my personal opinion is that 2k are more than enough for
any URL, but the only place I can impose this limit is at home. And maybe
not for much longer. :-)

Thank you,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: