tomcat-users mailing list archives

From davefury <>
Subject Problem loading jsp pages
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 13:55:04 GMT

(Opening new thread since original was highjacked by another person, with a
different issue, making it extremely long with quotes)

Hello, first of all, I must say I don't have much experience with Tomcat.
Secondly, I don't know if this is an Apache2 problem, or Tomcat problem.

The thing is, i'm having problems when trying to load jsp pages directly. I
mean, I can load the tomcat default webpage, after that, I go to examples,
and servlets examples works fine, but jsp examples don't. I get the

Internal Server Error. The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
have caused the error.

It happens every time I try to load directly via url a jsp this way:
Tomcat default main page works perfectly: (maybe since
its precompiled?)
but I can't load http:/
The logs don't give me any information about the error.

The environment is Debian Etch with Apache2, mod_jk connector and tomcat 5.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Just discovered it doesn't matter the file exists or not, I can type and I get the following error. Maybe
apache problem configuration?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message