tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <mil...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 vs Apache running as services
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 00:29:58 GMT
kareda schrieb am 27.01.2009 um 09:01:57 (-0800):

> I have tomcat 6.0.18 running as service on win2003 server.
> Now I also need to run php5, so I'm thinking of installing Apache HTTP
> Server 2.2.11 (should also run as service)

You might want to have a look at Caucho Quercus, a PHP 5 interpreter
written in pure Java. It also runs in servlet containers other than
Caucho Resin, for example Tomcat. Quercus runs Drupal, Wordpress and
other stuff. On the other hand, it doesn't implement all of PHP. Which
might actually be construed as an advantage.

http://quercus.caucho.com/

> I need them to run parallel and be completely independent - tomcat for
> java apps and apache for php5.

You can have them run in separate contexts.

Michael Ludwig