tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Eller <mell...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Connecting Apache Tomcat to Apache
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:05:11 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Tomcat and trying to get it up and running.

I have an Apache server (2.2.3) running on CentOS 5.2.  I want to add
the capabilities that tomcat brings, mainly JSP for now.
I followed the connector tutorial/guide on the web site.  I have tomcat
running and can access pages if I use the port number in the url.
According to the guide, Apache should be handing .jsp requests over to
tomcat automatically.  I have went through the guide twice...still no
luck.
Can anyone provide a point in the right direction to resolve this?  I
have no idea where to look.  I have tried several different config
solutions....

Apache is serving two domains.
I am assuming that I should be able to access the default index.jsp page
by adding that onto the end of the domain, i.e.  the web site is
www.mungusandcleatus.com

so I add www.mungusandcleatus.com/index.jsp

If this is the wrong approach...can someone push me in the right
direction?

Thanks List...you are the best!

Mike