tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat returns HTTP status of 200 when HttpServletResponse.sendError() called.
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 05:20:40 GMT
> From: Nathan Potter [mailto:ndp@opendap.org]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat returns HTTP status of 200 when
> HttpServletResponse.sendError() called.
>
> So do you mean something like this?
>      <servlet>
>          <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
>          <servlet-class>
>                org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet
>              </servlet-class>
>          <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
>      </servlet>
>      <servlet-mapping>
>          <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
>          <url-pattern>/err/*</url-pattern>
>      </servlet-mapping>

Yes, but I think you're going to have to change the <servlet-name> value to something
else so it doesn't conflict with the one in conf/web.xml that's shared by all webapps.  (It's
been a while since I had to do this, but I seem to recall that was necessary to avoid ugly
messages at startup.)

> And I place all of my default error pages in
> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myContext/err/

Yes.  You could also use the same technique to have the DefaultServlet handle other static
content if you want.

 - Chuck