tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Thomas" <ma...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Tomcat running out of threads.
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:16:49 GMT
> From: Bernardo Cabezas [mailto:bercab@bergantells.net]
>
> Hello,
>
> According to tomcat documentation,  JkOptions +DisableReuse has some
> performance penalty, because opens new connection for each request.

There is actually quite a lot of disagreement between the Tomcat committers
about the correctness of that statement in the docs. I am aware of fairly
large deployments that actaully saw a significant performance increase by
enabling that option. That said, it may well be that a similar performance
increase could have been obtained by correctly tuning the timeout
parameters. It is certainly the case the YMMV and you need to test in your
environment.

Mark