tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Thomas" <ma...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Log 4j error on tomcat shutdown
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:13:16 GMT
> From: Choudhury@labware.com [mailto:Choudhury@labware.com]
>
> Hi All,
>             During tomcat (version 6.0.18 with jdk 1.5) shutdown , I
> get
> the following error in the console :
> log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error
> in
> class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.
>
> Whats wrong here ? What does this mean and how do I resolve this ?

It is a side effect of the default clean-up Tomcat does to attempt to avoid
memory leaks caused by bugs in user applications and/or third party
libraries.

If you are sure you application doesn't have any memory leaks then use

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.ENABLE_CLEAR_REFERENCES=false

See http://localhost:8080/docs/config/systemprops.html for more info.

Mark