tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: problem about ssl
Date Thu, 25 Dec 2008 13:32:50 GMT
Actually your approach is breaking SSL-security. Among other things
SSL is bsed on TRUST. Therefore, if an unkown or self-signed
certificate is used, any browser should inform the user that the cert
is not signed by a CA.

If you want to implement a way to circumvent said behaviour,
personally I do not see any sense in doing so but tricking the user to
accept a certificate wich is not trusted.

Maybe I misunderstand your intentions.

Besides, your problem is not a Tomcat-issue but a browser-issue (if
any). Therefore, I suggest you place your request in the appropiate
mailinglists / newsgroups.

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2