tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Prastein, Rebeccah H" <Rebeccah.H.Prast...@questdiagnostics.com>
Subject How to set Log4J debug flag in Tomcat
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 00:31:09 GMT
How do I start tomcat as an application (not a service) and set the
log4j debug commandline parameter?

I tried editing startup.bat to prepend -Dlog4j.debug to %CMD_LINE_ARGS%,
but I get the following error on startup, and I don't see any log4j
debug output:

usage: java org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina [ -config {pathname} ]
[ -nonaming ] { start | stop }

Thanks for any help.

Rebeccah
The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are
intended only for the use of the person(s) to which they are
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. Further, any medical information herein is
confidential and protected by law. It is unlawful for unauthorized
persons to use, review, copy, disclose, or disseminate confidential
medical information. If you are not the intended recipient,
immediately advise the sender and delete this message and any
attachments. Any distribution, or copying of this message, or any
attachment, is prohibited.