tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: mixed html and jsp site using ProxyPass
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:46:35 GMT
> From: David Goodenough [mailto:david.goodenough@btconnect.com]
> I have a site which is a mixture of html (and a bunch of images and
> flash and other such stuff which came in from the web designer) and
> a couple of JSPs.  I have implemented this with Apache 2.2 and Tomcat
> 5.5, using ProxyPass statements with ajp in the Location tag.

Is there any reason for such a complex setup?  Tomcat will quite happily serve the static
content itself.  You could:

1) Put all the content in the same directory for Tomcat to serve, keep Apache httpd, but all
your content goes through Tomcat->httpd->user;

2) Put all the content in the same directory for Tomcat to serve, remove Apache httpd, serve
the content directly through a http Connector in Tomcat.

                - Peter