tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat Not Releasing URL Connection
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:35:43 GMT
On 31.12.2008 02:44, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat Not Releasing URL Connection
>>
>> The IBM JVM 1.5 and Tomcat 5.0.x are all that is available on the
>> (official) Suse SLES 10 CD/DVD.
>
> I'm not suggesting that the OP replace the IBM JRE as the default one, just to use the
Sun JRE in an attempt to narrow down the scope of the problem.  If using the Sun JRE cures
the problem, then the OP can take up the issue with IBM; if it doesn't, then at least one
variable is eliminated and the other possibilities can be looked at.

> Doing a little Googling, I found a couple of system properties that affect the DNS cache
in a JVM instance:
>    sun.net.inetaddr.ttl
>    networkaddress.cache.ttl
>
> Setting either or both of these to 0 via command line parameters might help.  (Setting
them programmatically seems to have problems; see:
>    http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6247501
> for more info.)

... and some more complete info for Sun JVM 6 is available at

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/net/properties.html

Regards,

Rainer