tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with mod_headers ?
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:08:29 GMT
Juha Laiho wrote:
[...]
Thanks, Juha.  That helps me think in another direction.
Maybe indeed in this case the mod_headers module does not get a chance
to modify the response headers, because it is added before the mod_jk
module, and mod_jk overrides it.
It is worth investigating anyway, since the other solutions I can see
are a lot heavier in my case (output filter or trying mod_proxy_ajp).

I have tried changing the Content-Type header in a servlet filter under
Tomcat.  However, that also has the side-effect that the servlet then,
for its response, really uses the new character encoding specified in
the header, to produce its response.
That is not what I want here, because the problem is that the servlet
response is already correct (in the iso-8859-2 encoding), it is just
that the Content-Type header is incorrect and does not match the real
charset of the response.  The underlying reason for all that stuff is
obscure and OT here, but that is really what happens.