tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Not Releasing URL Connection
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:12:09 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Troy Davidson [mailto:Troy.Davidson@maverik.com]
[...]

>> java-1_5_0-ibm-1.5.0_sr8 (The hardware team set this up, so I
>> assume the IBM JVM was all that was available.)
>> SUSE (SLES) 10
>
> Definitely not true.  As a fairly easy first step, try installing a Sun JRE for Linux
and see if the problem persists.  Does your 3rd party have a test environment for you to experiment
with?

The IBM JVM 1.5 and Tomcat 5.0.x are all that is available on the
(official) Suse SLES 10 CD/DVD.
 From having that same experience right at the moment (I'm talking about
SLES 10 and its Tomcat) I can tell you that this is far from an easy
step.  Installing a Sun JVM and making it the default java is relatively
easy. But fixing the installed Tomcat's links all over the place is not.
I gave up and decided to stay with the Suse standard IBM JVM and Tomcat,
otherwise the sysadmins would have dropped that baby in my lap for
maintenance and patches for the next 5 years. Not only for Tomcat, but
for all the rest too.  These people are like that sometimes.
YMMV..