tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with mod_headers ?
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:25:51 GMT
Gregor Schneider wrote:
> André,
>
> when using mod_jk, Apache HTTPD will not change any headers sent from
> Tomcat, even if you use mod_headers.
> Since mod_jk is delegating the whole request to Tomcat, this behaviour
> is expected, though debatable.
>
> Writing a filter to change your headers in Tomcat is no big deal, the
> link should point out the basics:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=116482946929752&w=2

Hi, and thank you for the information, and the example ref.
It seems simpler than I thought.
Since I already have a self-written filter around this application, I'll
try to add such.
My only doubt at this stage, is that if the wrapped servlet itself sets
the (wrong) Content-Type header, it might overwrite the one I set before
the doFilter(), no ?

As a separate question : how does Apache (or mod_jk) exactly arrange to
do that (not allow mod_headers to change the response headers set by
Tomcat) ?
The answer may help me decide whether I can/want to try writing my own
mod_perl response header modification handler (or output filter).

And as an additional comment, I do think that indeed this is debatable.
After all, if the Apache admin decides to overwrite the headers set by
Tomcat, it should be his (informed) decision, no ?