tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat announce / tomcat security mailing list
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:34:57 GMT
Stephanie Wullbieter wrote:
>> Because there isn't one.  You can use one of the searchable lists to find
>> announcements (e.g., http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user, search for ANN), or
>
> searching for a subject "ann" does not work for me on the above link. the results are
from other lists.

>> look on the appropriate web page for security:
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/security.html
>
> I want to be informed passively because i have other things to than "hunting".
>
> I use digest mailing list tomcat user so i cannot configure a subject filter.
>
> I would have to register a second mail account.
>
> That's all too complicated.
>
> Why don't You just create one more mailing list.

Dear Stephanie,

the people on this list sincerely apologise for wasting Your precious
time.  We all regret that You do not find here the list that fits Your
particular needs, avoids inconveniencing You and is less complicated.
Of course You still have the option to create Your own Tomcat mailing
list, on Your server of choice.  That would have the additional
advantage that You would be able to tailor its contents exactly to Your
personal needs, and that nobody else would post messages on it
irrelevant to You, making Your searches so much more efficient.
It would also free the time of the generally helpful volunteer people on
this list, for answering genuine questions of interest to the majority
of us.

Have a very nice, very personal Christmas,
and may Santa grant all your wishes (as I'm sure he does every year)