tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: HelloWorld servlet, or just about
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 21:50:25 GMT
Ken Bowen wrote:
> Of course, Google is your friend:
>      Results 1 - 10 of about 237,000 for hello world servlet. (0.23
> seconds)
> :-)

Yeah, I got that too.
That's the problem though : which one to choose ?

Never mind, and apologies, I think I'll use the first one :

package test;

import java.io.*;

import javax.servlet.http.*;
import javax.servlet.*;

public class HelloServlet extends HttpServlet {
   public void doGet (HttpServletRequest req,
                      HttpServletResponse res)
     throws ServletException, IOException
   {
     PrintWriter out = res.getWriter();

     out.println("Hello, world!");
     out.close();
   }
}

But now, a trickier question :

I already have a servlet filter, in front of a servlet which I need anyway.
Can I, in the filter, and based on some characteristic of the request,
return a response to the caller immediately, bypassing the servlet
entirely ?