tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject HelloWorld servlet, or just about
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 21:35:12 GMT
Dear experts,

I love Tomcat, and I find all the people on this list kind, helpful, in
short marvelous.

I have dabbled in servlet filters before, but I never wrote an actual
servlet.  And now I need to write the tiniest of one.

It just needs to return, as plain text, not "Hello World", but the
result of request.getUserPrincipal.getName().
That's it.

Would anyone be as kind as to point me to a clean nice example, such
that I could just replace "Hello World" by the above ?

Better yet (but I don't want to abuse your patience), just paste the
code right here below :

(space intentionally left blank)

Thanks very much.
Angelica C.