tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.2.3 segfault with Jk connector 1.2.27
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 22:54:11 GMT
Hi.

Responding to my own earlier message, I think I have found what looks
like a bug with the combination indicated, and a curious (to me) workaround.

under Linux Suse Enterprise 10.1
using the Apache 2.2.3 (prefork) package of that distribution
using mod_jk 1.2.27

In the Apache main configuration section :

     JkWorkersFile /etc/apache2/conf.d/workers.properties
     JkShmFile     /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.shm
     JkLogFile     /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.log
     JkLogLevel    debug

In a VirtualHost section :

<LocationMatch "/my\.servlet$">
   SetHandler jakarta-servlet
   SetEnvIf REQUEST_URI "\.(htm|web|css|gif|jpg|js|html?)$" no-jk
</LocationMatch>

Any attempt then to access a link ".../my.servlet?..." which should be
re-directed to Tomcat by mod_jk (*) results in an Apache "child xxx
segfault" in the error log (and no response to the browser).

But (workaround), adding the following 2 lines :

1) in the Jk statements of the main Apache server :

    JkMount /tomcatdummy ajp13

(/tomcatdummy being a totally fake URL fragment)

2) in the VirtualHost configuration (and outside of the <LocationMatch>):

    JkMountCopy on

the segfault magically disappears and everything works as it should.

Question thus : is my above first configuration invalid ?

Thanks.

(*) and seems to works fine on other servers with similar, but not
necessarily equal Linux, Apache 2.2.x and mod_jk 1.2.x combinations.