tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <tomcat-us...@list-post.mks-mail.de>
Subject Re: Setting /WebContent as ROOT for an application
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2008 17:39:15 GMT
Tom Blank:

> The reason why I'm asking is, because I'm using eclipse and its
> 'dynamic web project' structure.

I'm no Eclipse user either, but AFAIR the folder "Webapps" is part of an
Eclipse Dynamic Web Project. And a project folder is not meant to be
simply copied to Tomcat's appBase (judging from your OP, it seems to me
that's what you've been doing).

You could, for example, export your project to a WAR file and deploy this.
Experienced Eclipse users may know of other/better ways of deployment.
You might consider asking in the appropriate Eclipse mailinglist/newsgroup.

Regards
  mks