tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Nichele <stefano.nich...@gmail.com>
Subject crossContext and session handling
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2008 11:20:55 GMT
Hi All,
I would like to ask you some advices about crossContext.

I have two webapps A and B. In A I have a filter that does:

        RequestDispatcher rd;
        rd = context.getContext("/B").getRequestDispatcher("/somepath");
        rd.forward(request, response);

in order  to forward the request to B.
In A I set crossContext="true".

All works fine, but I would like to improve session handling. Basically
I would like to close session in A when the session is closed in B (that
is the real application that handles the session).

PS: I saw the sessionId is the same through both applications

What about using a session listener ? At the moment it's the only idea I
have.

cheers and thanks
ste