tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: problem in pooled database
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:53:29 GMT
Ok... so what do the import statements at the top of that file look
like?  Seems to me java has taken DataSource to mean
javax.activation.DataSource instead of javax.sql.DataSource.  That's
probably because of the imports at the top of your source file.

--David

ahmet temiz wrote:
> Exception has taken place here:
>
> DataSource ds =  (DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/bzk2");
>
> this is my Application-specific resource (context.xml)
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <Context path="/home/orkun/workspace5/w1" docBase="w1"
>     crossContext="true" reloadable="true" debug="1">
>     <Resource name="jdbc/bzk2" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>         driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver" url="jdbc:postgresql://
> 127.0.0.1:5432/bzk2"
>         username="orkun" password="222222" maxActive="20" maxIdle="10"
>         maxWait="-1" />
> </Context>
>
> thank you
>
> 2008/12/10 David Smith <dns4@cornell.edu>
>

>> Patient says: It hurts when I do this...  (demonstrates movement)
>> Doctor says: Don't do that.
>>
>> Moral of the story is the error message is pretty clear.  If your class
>> has imported javax.activation.* and javax.sql.*, you may have to be more
>> specific on the type of your datasource variable:
>>
>> javax.sql.DataSource dbDataSrc = /* code for retrieving the datasource */
>>
>> For less sarcasm and more help, please feed us more details like say a
>> snippet of code where this error occurs, what was imported for that
>> class, and relevant parts of your config.
>>
>> --David
>>
>> ahmet temiz wrote:
>>
>>> hello
>>>
>>> I am trying to manage pooled database (postgresql).I am encountering
>>> this problem :
>>>
>>> java.lang.ClassCastException:
>>> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource cannot be cast to