tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Path
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 17:45:58 GMT

No need to edit any *.xml files.

Your webapp already knows what it's context path is when the request
comes in.  The expression I wrote is used in jsp pages to compose server
absolute links to resources like jsps, html pages, images, javascript,
css, etc., ...  Consider it in the context of:

(whatever)</a>

If you are working with a servlet instead of a jsp, it would be
request.getContextPath() + "/jsp/any.jsp" to build links where request
is an instance of javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.

--David