tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] JK Connector problem
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2008 19:27:11 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> Rainer,
>
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>> Christopher Schultz schrieb:
>>> If you've got "Program Files" already in the path, why not have "Apache
>>> Group" in there as well?
>> ... Germans would love "Apache" Group without spaces ...
And so would the French, the Spanish, the Belgians, and many others.

>> MS localization translates "Program Files" into "Programme"
>
> Interesting.

Similarly interesting maybe then :
On a Spanish Windows, it is "Archivos de Programas" (2 spaces)
On a French Windows, it is "Fichiers de Programmes" (also 2 spaces)
It's absolutely great when one needs to support users in different
countries..

I believe the point some people (me) are trying to make is that it is
not because MS does stupid things, that all software developers have to
follow suit.  And specially not open source software developers.
"Apache Group" is stupid as part of a path, there is simply no other
word for it.

Persist and sign,
André