tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: Stream closed
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 21:18:23 GMT

Schuster Stefan wrote:
> I have the following problem with tomcat 6.0.18:
> I wrote a servlet that reads the input stream with
> XML Beans. An application sends requests to the servlet, but only the first request succeedes.

That's odd.

> Every second call results in the following exception:
> Stream closed
> 	at
> 	at
> 	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.XMLStreamReader.fillByteBuffer(
> 	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.XMLStreamReader.reset(
> 	at
> 	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.PiccoloLexer.reset(
> 	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.Piccolo.parse(
> 	at$SaxLoader.load(
> 	at
> 	at
> 	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.parse(
> 	at noNamespace.DataDocument$Factory.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at de.cirquent.nwfi.xcelsius.XMLServiceServlet.getDocument(
14:55:19 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
> SCHWERWIEGEND: Servlet.service() for servlet XMLServiceServlet threw exception

Could you post as much of de.cirquent.nwfi.xcelsius.XMLServiceServlet as
you feel comfortable posting? I wonder if you're trying to read the
input stream in an odd way.

> I do not cache the input stream in the servlet, so I do not understand how the
> subsequent transmissions are related? I am even sending a "connection close" with
> the response to make shure that there is no issue with a reused connection.

Tomcat won't re-use the connection, so you should focus your search on
the code in that servlet (or the XMLBeans parser).

- -chris

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

To unsubscribe, e-mail: