tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat mapping of URLs -> servlets
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 15:12:17 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Caldarale, Charles R
>> Subject: RE: Tomcat mapping of URLs -> servlets
>>
>> Note that the "servlet-2_5-mrel2-spec.pdf" button cannot be
>> right-clicked and processed with "Save As"
>
> I was mistaken; you can do a right-click and "Save As", without any problems.  Were you
on the correct page when you tried it?  The proper one is has the file name with a down arrow
next to it, and a "Download Selected with Sun Download Manager" button below that.  All three
methods (left click on the file name, right click on the file name, and the Download Manager)
worked properly for me, with no invalid paths to edit.

> Still a mystery why JCP keeps it so well hidden.

Just remember this, you gurus here, when you tell an OP to just go look
at the specs..

I was using Firefox 2.0.0.15, on a Windows XP station.
I just clicked on the download link, let the document open in the
browser's PDF plugin, then clicked on the "save a copy" diskette icon of
the plugin.
It came up with the standard file dialog, on which I just clicked on the
"Save" button.
That's when it popped up with an invalid path dialog.
The filename indeed in the file..save dialog was very very long, which I
guess it didn't like.

In fact I just re-did this, with the same result.
The filename as shown in the file..save box is :

http___cds-esd.sun.com_ESD34_JSCDL_servlet_2.5-mrel2_servlet-2_5-mrel2-spec.pdf_AuthParam=1228317193_d403854b71d795ea3a31917ee8f68382&TicketId=nodzAVkWRHd5l%2BIvkk6ZUZmZdA%3D%3D&GroupName=CDS&FilePath=_ESD34_JSCDL_servlet_2.5-mrel2_servlet-2_5-mrel2-spec.pdf&File=servlet-2_5-mrel2-spec.pdf

and that is what it does not like.