tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: can mod_jk detect web service unavailable
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 12:16:49 GMT
Zeke wrote:
> Hi:
>     I have a JBOSS cluster which use Apache with mod_jk as HTTP load balancer. In my
cluster, some nodes are deployed web service, but not all. For example, node 1 contains web
servicebook_service, I can call the web service using URL "",
but node 2 does not contain it. I hope mod_jk can help me to detect whether the requested
web service exists. That is to say, if I call the web service using "",
mod_jk can know only node 1 contains the web service and node 2 not, then the request will
always be dispatched to node 1. But with my current configuration on mod_jk and Apache, I
fount that the request can be dispatched to node 2. Then surely exception will be thrown,
since the web service not exists on node 2.
>     Can mod_jk support it? Do I need some specific configuration?
>     Any suggestion from you will be very appreciated!

Only map the web service url to the nodes where it exists.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message