tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <tomcat-us...@list-post.mks-mail.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat mapping of URLs -> servlets
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:30:37 GMT
André Warnier:

> I have tried to download and find this in the Servlet 2.5 Specification,
> but I seem to get a series of html pages describing the API, without
> telling me much about the general principles.

Yep, for some reason unknown to me it's unnecessarily difficult to find
the PDF with the 2.5 spec. Go here
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=154
and select the topmost "Download page", i. e. the one for "Maintenance
release 2" and you're just a few clicks away from downloading the PDF.

Starting on p. 87 the section "Mapping Requests to Servlets" will
probably answer your questions.

Regards
  mks