tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <>
Subject Re: Tomcat mapping of URLs -> servlets
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:30:37 GMT
André Warnier:

> I have tried to download and find this in the Servlet 2.5 Specification,
> but I seem to get a series of html pages describing the API, without
> telling me much about the general principles.

Yep, for some reason unknown to me it's unnecessarily difficult to find
the PDF with the 2.5 spec. Go here
and select the topmost "Download page", i. e. the one for "Maintenance
release 2" and you're just a few clicks away from downloading the PDF.

Starting on p. 87 the section "Mapping Requests to Servlets" will
probably answer your questions.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: