tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Can I specify virtual hosts in JKMounts?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 16:45:40 GMT
Jonathan Mast wrote:
> I'm using Apache+Tomcat (1.3.33, 5.5.17) and I have servlet named "bar",
> with no file extension in its name.
>
> bar is in a folder named "foo" which is reachable by 2 virtual hosts:
> www.mysite.com/foo/bar
> foo.mysite.com/bar
>
> I know to how tell apache that request for  /bar on the WWW virtual host
> should be handled by Tomcat:
> JkMount        /foo/*    ajp13
>
> Simple enough, but can I also specify foo.mysite.com as well, like this?
> JkMount       foo.mysite.com/* ajp13

(Note that above, you are not just re-directing "bar" to Tomcat, you are
redirecting much more)

I'm guessing a number of things here, but you seem to talk about
VirtualHosts in Apache, apparently something like this :

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName www.mysite.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName foo.mysite.com
</VirtualHost>

So why not then

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName www.mysite.com
   JkMount /foo/bar ajp13
   JkMount /foo/bar* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName foo.mysite.com
   JkMount /bar ajp13
   JkMount /bar* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

If it makes it easier, and at least in Apache 2.x, you can also use
sections like

<Location /foo/bar>
   SetHandler jakarta-servlet
</Location>

as a kind of alias for your JkMount directives.
This is a bit harder to find in the documentation, but it appears here :
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html
Using SetHandler and Environment Variables
(at the very end)